Jean Monnet Programme has transformed into Jean Monnet Actions under ERASMUS+ Programme since 2014.
Within the Erasmus+ Programme, the Jean Monnet Activities aim at:
- promoting excellence in teaching and research in the field of European Union studies worldwide
- fostering the dialogue between the academic world and policy-makers
- enhancing governance of EU policies.
KEY ACTIVITIES include courses, research, conferences, networking activities, and publications in the field of EU studies.
European Union studies comprise the study of Europe in its entirety with particular emphasis on the European integration process in both its internal and external aspects. The discipline also covers the role of the EU in a globalised world and in promoting an active European citizenship and dialogue between people and cultures.
Jean Monnet Activities supported are 3 TYPES:
- TEACHING AND RESEARCH: Jean Monnet Modules, Chairs and Centres of Excellence.
- SUPPORT TO ASSOCIATIONS: Jean Monnet Associations.
- POLICY DEBATE with the Academic World: Jean Monnet Networks and Jean Monnet Projects.
Jean Monnet Activities are described in detail in the Programme Guide and Call is published at the EACEA website.
In the context of 5 Erasmus+ Calls for Proposals published between 2014 and 2018 in total 575 proposals were submitted by Ukrainian applicants, out of which 55 JEAN MONNET PROJECTS WERE SELECTED FOR FUNDING.
Those projects include:
- 41 Modules
- 1 Center of Excellence
- 4 Chairs
- 4 Projects
- 5 Support for Associations projects
The following project will be implemented in the field of European Studies by 34 UKRAINIAN HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS, 1 RESEARCH INSTITUTION AND 8 NGOS.
The total grant allocated amounts to 1 734 296 Euro.
Description of the Jean Monnet Projects in Ukraine at the database in English and Ukrainian languages (page Jean Monnet) - БАЗА ПРОЕКТІВ ЕРАЗМУС+: Напрям Жана Моне, Розвиток потенціалу вищої освіти, Мобільність та інші (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 рр.)
Jean Monnet Project database at the link
Selection results at the link