A Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence is a focal point of competence and knowledge on European Union subjects. It brings together high-level experts to create links between the various disciplines and resources in European studies and to form links with academic institutions in other countries.
The Centres play a key role in reaching out to students from faculties not normally dealing with European Union issues as well as to policy makers, civil servants, organised civil society and the general public at large.
The following activities are supported:
- organising and coordinating resources related to European Union studies
- leading research activities in specific European Union subjects
- developing content on EU subjects to update and complement current curricula
- debate and exchange of experiences about the EU, where possible in partnership with local stakeholders and/or EU Representations Offices in Member States and EU Delegations in third countries
- publication of results of research activities.
For further information on Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence please refer to the Erasmus+ Programme Guide.
More details are available at: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/actions/jean-monnet/jean-monnet-centres-excellence_en