Uzbekistan State World Languages University
As a result of reforms in the field of education, particularly in the sphere of learning foreign languages, according to the Resolutions of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan “On the measures to further develop foreign language learning system” dated 10 December, 2012 and “On measures to enhance the activity of Uzbekistan State World Languages University” dated 23 May, 2013 as well as the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers dated 17 December, 2013 The Republican Scientific-Practical Centre of Developing Innovative Methods of Teaching Foreign Languages was set up. 9 departments and groups are functioning in the Centre. (UzSPIC). Main tasks of the Centre:
- Enhancement of state educational standards, curriculum and programs (Curriculum Development);
- Improvement and creating textbooks, teaching-methodological complexes (Materials Design);
- Retraining and in-service training of pedagogical staff of Universities (Teacher Training;
- Designing the new system of assessment for evaluation of knowledge and skills of students in foreign languages (Assessment).
Main functions of the Centre:
- Establish cooperation with different international organizations, representations of foreign diplomatic missions, leading Universities abroad, as well as international experts and consultants with the aim of learning contemporary methods of FLT and exchange of experience;
- Adopt and implement into teaching process innovative methods of teaching foreign languages in the whole system of continuous education and development of recommendations;
- Development of recommendations and instructions on efficient use of modern interactive tools and ICT and introduce them into practice;
- Organising the teaching process using interactive educational tools, creation and implementation of distance education programs and courses;
- Coordinate the activity on creating textbooks and other educational, teaching-methodological literature
- Creating audio/video, multimedia and internet resources bases;
- Create media educational resources taking into account the foreign experience and develops requirements on their use in educational process;
- Learn educational standards and curricula for teacher training (PRESETT), implement new assessment indicators and methodic approaches, improve educational-methodological complexes;
- Analyse and improve educational programs and curricula for the system of continuous education created on the basis of CEFR. Organise and participate in international and regional conferences, seminars and other events dedicated to foreign language teaching and learning.
There are 4 departmentsand 9 experts of distance learning(7 modules of e-learning) work and each academic year have been training about 700 foreign languages specialists of High Education from 12 regions of Uzbekistan and the Republic of Karakalpakstan.at the center.
The Center has established relationships with a number of foreign universities.
- ERASMUS + program, 2015-1-FR01-KA107-014291 -“Credit mobility”, 2015 -2017;
- USA Department program, #S-UZ800-15-Gr-033 - “Development of materials for training and professional quality of teachers and trainers of a foreign language in secondary schools and colleges”, August – July, 2015;
- 544161-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-UK-TEMPUS-JPCR " Developing the Teaching of European Languages: Modernising Language Teaching through the Development of Blended Masters Programmes”, 31.12.2013-30.11.2016;
- ERASMUS+ program, 561624-EPP-1-UK-EPPKA2-CDHE-SP - Internationalization and modernization of the educational process in higher education in Uzbekistan, 36 months;
- USA Department program, English for Future Professionals: Authorship Development Project, April 2014-April 2015
- Tempus project, “544161-Tempus-1-2013-1-UK-Tempus-JPCR”– Training second language teachers: European challenges, successes and perspectives китобининг Training second language teachers in Uzbekistan, 2015-2017.
Zebo Isakova, PhD, senior researcher of UzSPIC. Tel.: (+99890) 308 69 96/ e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org