According to the Regulation of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine "On the establishment of the system of attraction, use and monitoring of International Technical Assistance, #153 as of 15/02/2002 all EU-funded projects must be registered at the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine.
The registration card allows the project the following:
to be visible as a cooperation project at the governmental levels;
to inform and receive support from key beneficiary – Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine;
to use the articles at all legislation regulations (e.g. Budget code, Tax code, national bank, public purchase law and others): the rules of the donor is used as subject of international agreement ratified by the Verkhovna Rada as a Law;
the funds to be exempt from income tax (20%);
the funds to be exempt from obligatory (65%) selling of currency;
the goods (equipment etc.) and services to be VAT & custom fees and duties exempt;
to use donors procedure and rules for tenders.
Composition of the registration package:
1.Letters of requests to the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine, signed by the Rectors/ Vice-Rectors of Ukrainian universities. Letters of request should contain names of ALL partners from Ukraine (both academic and non-academic). The template of the letter is available at http://www.erasmusplus.org.ua/tempus-iv/instruktsii/193-derzhavna-reiestratsiia-proektiv-yevropeiskoho-soiuzu-v-ukraini-zvilnennia-vid-splaty-pdv-myta.html
2. Copy of the Grant agreement, verified (signed and stamped) by the coordinator of the project + Ukrainian translation (form of Ukrainian translation is available at NЕO website) та координатором проекту (приклад МЕМОРАНДУМУ)
3. Copies of the following Annexes + Ukrainian translation.
Annex 1 – Description of the Action [translation of this Annex 1]
4. Copy of the bilingual memorandum (English and Ukrainian version below) signed among Ukrainian partners and project coordinator, OR copy of the partnership agreements signed between the coordinator and each Ukrainian partner. These documents should contain name of the project, its objectives, terms of implementation, tasks assigned to every Ukrainian partner, obligations of the coordinator and partners, expected results, qualitative and quantitative criteria of assessment, list of equipment and services needed for project implementation, expected impact of the project in Ukraine.
5. Short description of the project (from InfoBox of the National Tempus Office in Ukraine).
6. Letter of support from the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (in original).
7. Two originals of the Procurement Plan (according to the special form below Annex5), signed&stamp by the Coordinator of the project and endorsed (signed&stamp) by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
In case of any changes (equipment list, period, partnership etc.) during the project lifetime or extension, the re-registration is required.
All registered projects partners receive a copy of Registration Card which is a document for VAT, Custom Fees and selling of currency exampt.
All templates, translated documents are available for usage at: http://www.erasmusplus.org.ua/tempus-iv/instruktsii/193-derzhavna-reiestratsiia-proektiv-yevropeiskoho-soiuzu-v-ukraini-zvilnennia-vid-splaty-pdv-myta.html
Useful presentation in English language about the uncustom procedure:
** all provided copies of the documents and their translation should be certified by the relevant department (s) of Ukrainian universities.