Capacity Building in the field of Youth
Capacity building projects in the field of youth aim to: foster cooperation and exchanges between Programme and Partner Countries; improve the quality and recognition of youth-work, non-formal learning, and volunteering in Partner Countries and enhance synergies with education systems and the labour market foster new non-formal learning mobility schemes and programmes, and promote transnational non-formal learning mobility between Programme and Partner Countries, with a focus on the under-privileged.
Capacity building projects SHOULD FOCUS ON activities that:
- promote strategic cooperation between youth organisations and public authorities (in Partner Countries);
- promote cooperation between youth and education organisations, as well as business and the labour market;
- build the capacity of youth organisations and authorities;
- enhance the management, governance, innovation capacity and internationalisation of youth organisations;
- launch, test, and implement youth work-practices, such as professional development and informal learning;
- promote new forms of training and new approaches to youth work;
- promote cooperation, networking, and peer-learning to improvement the management of youth organisations.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Erasmus+ provides the opportunity for organisations to implement projects that aim to:
- encourage policy dialogue, cooperation, networking, and the exchange of best practices
- organise large scale youth events (of up two days)
- organise information and awareness campaigns
- develop information, communication, and media tools
- develop youth work methods, tools, materials, curricula, training modules, and documentation instruments (such as Youthpass)
- create new forms of delivering youth work and providing training and support.
LENGTH: 9 months to 2 years
MAXIMUM GRANT AWARD: EUR 150,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 5 February 2018 at 17:00 midday Brussels time
There are TWO MAIN TYPES of Capacity Building projects:
Western Balkans and Eastern Partnership Youth Window projects (Region 1, 2) - 2017-2019, which aimed at increasing the capacity of organisations through mobility activities (potentially complemented by capacity building activities). Capacity-building projects in the field of youth cover a range of activities that encourage cooperation between organisations active in youth, education, training and other socio-economic sectors in Programme and Partner Countries from different regions of the world. These projects aimed to recognize and improve youth work, non-formal learning and volunteering and link them to education systems and the labour market. They also support regional and transnational non-formal learning mobility schemes to encourage the participation of youth in society.
*For further information on Programme and Partner Countries please refer to the Erasmus+ Programme Guide.
Examples of capacity-building activities:
- Conferences, workshops and meetings
- Large-scale youth events
- Information and awareness campaigns
- Communication and media tools
- Development of methods, curricula, training and documentation such as Youthpass
- Open and flexible learning materials, virtual cooperation, open educational resources (OER)
Details about participation of Ukraine in EU-funded Erasmus+ 2014-2020 in 2 languages with hyperlinks at:
Information from the EACEA web-site