Presentations & video: International Contact Webinar: Supporting Ukraine in Higher Education (07.07.2022, online)
On 7th July 2022, the National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine together with the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, European Association for International Education, German-Ukrainian Academic Society, Leibniz University Hannover (LUH), and Erasmus Student Network Ukraine in close cooperation with the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine and National Erasmus+ Agencies invite Universities from the Erasmus+ Programme Countries and International Professional Networks organised International Contact Webinar: Supporting Ukraine in Higher Education. Considering the war in Ukraine and specific measures provided by the European Commission to Ukraine, the main aim of the Contact Webinar was to help Ukrainian universities to match the EU universities to find opportunities for cooperation.
More than 250 partners from over 25 countries joined the webinar: Austria, Belgium, Chile, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Ukraine, etc. Participants represented the European Agency for Education and Culture (EACEA), the EU Delegation, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and other international organizations, representatives of HEIs and VETIs, Erasmus+ coordinators, representatives of international cooperation departments and others.
!!!Each partner received the email with the XL table with contacts and request to complete the details. Please put office@erasmusplus .org.ua in copy in the 1st email to your potential partner and we will help with the details on the opportunitirs for cooperation and for further cooperation.
If you haven’t got the XL table yet, please let us know.
The webinar included 4 parts:
- Plenary session on supporting Ukraine through networking and international collaboration within Erasmus+;
- Working group sessions on Programme key actions;
- Summing-up of Working group sessions;
- Speed Networking session for direct communication and new links.
In welcome Vira RYBAK, Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine; Serhiy SHKABKO, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine; Lucia GIANNINI, European Agency for Education and Culture (EACEA) welcomed participants, highlighting key support instruments and achieved cooperation results.
Panel session was provided with presentations by Michelle STEWART and Laura RUMBLEY, European Association for International Education; Oksana SEUMENICHT, German-Ukrainian Academic Society and Nataliya BUTYCH, Leibniz University Hannover; and Svitlana SHYTIKOVA, National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine.
The speakers presented opportunities for cooperation and mutual support for Ukrainians within the framework of joint initiatives. During the first panel session, Svitlana SHYTIKOVA, coordinator of the National Erasmus+ office in Ukraine, presented a brief overview of the state of higher education institutions in Ukraine during the war, results and losses, and highlighted the key challenges and ways of helping the European Erasmus+ community to Ukrainian colleagues and partners. The speaker also presented all open opportunities for cooperation with Ukrainian organizations within the EUs Erasmus+ Programme.
During working in various thematic groups on Erasmus+ Key Actions (mobility, cooperation projects and Jean Monnet) the participants listened to the key features of partnerships and jointly developed the basic requirements for partnerships, including the Programme and national features, wartime restrictions, needs, challenges and solutions, summing up at the general session.
At the end of the event during Speed Networking session, all participants had the opportunity to build new contacts and links for further Erasmus+ collaboration.
- “Higher Education and Erasmus+ before and during war: challenges, needs, resources and opportunities”, Svitlana SHYTIKOVA, National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine Ukraine during war, Eng. language – September 2022
- Michelle STEWART, Laura RUMBLEY, European Association for International Education – upload.
- “Networking Opportunities”, Oksana SEUMENICHT, German-Ukrainian Academic Society – upload.
- “Networking Opportunities”, Nataliya BUTYCH, Leibniz University Hannover – upload.
- “Erasmus+ Opportunities Open for Ukraine for 2022-2023”, Svitlana SHYTIKOVA, NEO – Ukraine – upload.
- “Alliances for Innovations – new calls for proposals are open”, Silvia DE BENEDETTI, EACEA – upload.
- “Erasmus+ Programme Extraordinary Measures Implementation”, Loreta PAULAUSKAITE, International Contact Point Erasmus+ Spanish National Agency (SEPIE) – upload.
- “Tips&Hints: Mobility Actions”, Olga DEMYDENKO, National Technical University of Ukraine “Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute” – upload.
- “Tips&Hints: Capacity Building Action”, Konstantin KYRYCHENKO, Sumy State University – upload.
- “Tips&Hints: Mobility Actions” – upload.
- “Tips&Hints: Cooperation Partnership Actions” – upload.
- “Tips&Hints: Capacity Building Action” – upload.
- “Tips&Hints: Jean Monnet Action” – upload.
We believe in Ukraine and the Armed Forces of Ukraine, every citizen and partners! Glory to Ukraine! #ErasmusPlus #ErasmusUA #StandWithUkraine #ErasmusJointForcesUA #Erasmus35yearsUkraine