Volodymyr Dahl East Ukrainian National University**
V.Dahl University is one of the biggest universities in the East of Ukraine which has the highest status - Research University. The University comprises 20 institutes and faculties. The University holds a total of 20000 students enrolled in undergraduate, graduate and postdoctoral levels on 124 specialties (widest range in Ukraine), including Electrical Power Systems, Electrotechnics and Electrotechnologies, Engineering, Physics, Economics, Management. It also has 1000 faculty members including 150 professors. Since 2009 the University has been offering a variety of distance learning programmes, from this year all education courses have both classroom and distance forms. Every year more than 100 graduates of speciality "Electrical power systems" find a job in industrial enterprises concerning the modernization of Ukraine's energy sector. The University has 109 partnership agreements with higher educational institution, international organizations and foundations in 24 countries of the world. Continually we are working on the implementation of two or three Tempus projects.
Our university are willing to actively participate in the preparation of the project application on Joint Projects (Capacity Building in Higher Education), activity "Curriculum Reform" in the sphere of Energy Management.
Title: Modernization of education in the field of Energy Management to address environmental problems of industrial enterprises.
Wider objective of the project - modernization of training in Energy Management on basis of creation of network of Energy Management training centres in order to train competitive specialists to address environmental issues of industrial enterprises.
Project task - education quality improvement in Energy Management due to using of module approach in forming the curricula, in elaborating the right balance between professional competencies as training results and student academic loadштп; introduction of advanced practice-oriented training in the network of Energy Management training centres, as well as wide introduction of distance learning.
Specific project objectives:
1. Updating on basis of both module principle and introduction of ECTS and agreeing of curricula for training in Energy Management to address environmental issues of industrial enterprises.
2. Elaboration and implementation of two training modules «IT in Energy Management» and «Management of power systems» in curricula for bachelors and masters in Energy Management.
3. Organization of distance learning for one academic year with the use of video-conferencing.
4. Creation of network of Energy Management training centres to introduce practice-oriented training in Energy Management, develop academic mobility, sharing of best practices and attract new partners to ensure the sustainability of the project.
5. Organization of practical training for students from Ukrainian universities in EU enterprises and universities.
1. Review, analyze and update existing training modules in curricula of bachelors and masters in Energy Management to address environmental issues of industrial enterprises.
2. Preparation of curricula for accreditation at the national level.
3. Development, publication, purchase of new teaching materials, textbooks and manuals.
4. Training for teachers on new teaching methodology in accordance with the curricula and training modules.
5. Organization and carrying out of information seminars for enterprises and organizations.
6. Training of teachers and students on the new curricula and training modules.
7. Quality control (including monitoring) of the project.
1. Updating of curricula for training of bachelors and masters in the field of Energy Management to address environmental issues of industrial enterprises.
2. Elaboration and implementation of two training modules «IT in Energy Management» and «Management of power systems» in curricula for training of bachelors and masters in Energy Management
3. Dissemination of methodologies and management tools, creation of web-site of the project.
4. Creating of network of Energy Management training centres to ensure sustainability of the project.
5. Dissemination of project results.
Our team has experience managing of the following projects:
1. CD-JEP-23125-2002 "Training specialists in European Studies".
2. 144641-TEMPUS-2008-FI-JPCR "International networking for modernization of tourism education and developing academic mobility (INTOUR)".
Yuriy Dyachenko, Head of Centre of European and American Studies,
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel.: +38(050)558-15-03.