O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv
O.M. Beketov National University of Urban Economy in Kharkiv (former National Academy of Municipal Economy in Kharkiv) is a modern powerful teaching and research institution, which consists of 7 faculties, 4 educational centers in Kharkiv, 10 educational and consulting centers in other regions, 2 schools, college, graduate, doctorate, industry research departments, scientific center. The total number of students is 16 thousands. The University trains specialists of all educational levels for modern city life and sustainable development.
The university educates future personnel in municipal management and economics, construction, transport, electricity, water and gas facilities; ecology of cities, tourism and hotel hospitality, improvement of ecological cleanliness of cities and towns. Web site: http://www.kname.edu.ua
We are interested to participate in Key Action 1in higher education both: CREDIT MOBILITY AND DEGREE MOBILITY and Key Action 2 – CAPACITY BUILDING
The overall goal – implementation of the gender component in teaching students of the second (master) level, regardless of specialty and creation of the independent structure – gender leadership center.
The principle goals of the project:
1. Creation of gender leadership center.
2. Development of gender-sensitive Master curricula.
3. Improvement of the professional competence of HEIs graduates and their competitiveness in the international labour market considering a gender component.
4. Establishment of sustainable cooperation between universities and business, based on gender-sensitive transfer of competencies as curriculum achievements to professional activities, which in turn will increase the social responsibility of business.
Goals will be achieved via:
1. Organization of new or reorganization of existing gender centres in the HEIs as a powerful source of fostering professional and personal education of female students.
2. Development and implementation of a course "Gender approach to the management of enterprises and projects" as a part of a Master's training program.
3. Integration of a gender component in the vision of professional activities of Master's programs graduates.
4. Involvement of business to the formation of gender-sensitive competencies of Master's programs graduates.
1. University Gender Leadership Centres provide systematic activities for the implementation of the gender component of the educational process in HEIs.
2. Gender modules developed and integrated into the Master's training programs for various fields of study.
3. Favourable conditions for the students to acquire modern quality higher education that ensures high competitiveness are created.
4. Masters graduates have gender-sensitive competencies needed to address the professional tasks.
- TEMPUS PROJECT "HIGHER EDUCATION AND THE LABOUR MARKET IN THE ENVIRONMENT" (2003-2006).
- TEMPUS PROJECT "INTRODUCTION OF NEW TECHNOLOGY BUSINESSES IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVITIES IN UKRAINE" (2003 - 2006).
- TEMPUS PROJECT "IMPROVEMENT OF EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS ON ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT" (2009-2011).
- TEMPUS PROJECT "ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION IN THE DIRECTION OF ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT" (2011 - 2013).
- ERASMUS MUNDUS INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP IN TRANSDISCIPLINARITY PROJECT ID № 545681-EM-1-2013-1-PT-ERA MUNDUS-EMA 21 (2013-2015).
Head of the Center of International Affairs and Education of O.M. Beketov NUUE
Tel.: +(057) 707-33-90, +38 095 742 06 86, e –mail: firstname.lastname@example.org