Institute of Environment Safety (National Aviation University)
Institute of Environmental Safety was established in 2010 in National Aviation University (NAU) on the basis of the Faculty of Environmental Safety (until 2005 Faculty of Environmental Protection).
Institute of Environmental Safety incorporates six departments:
• Department of Aerospace Surveying
• Department of Safety of Human Activities
• Department of Biotechnology
• Ecology Department
• Department of Land Management and Cadaster
• Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology.
Institute also incorporates Scientific Center of Environmental Problems of Airport, Training Center of Labour Protection on Aviation, Center of Applied Ecology, Research and Training Center "Ecobiosafety". Director of the Institute is Oleksandr Zaporozhets, Dr., Professor.
Departments of the Institute provide high-quality training of specialists of different educational levels in ecology, biotechnology, chemical technology and engineering, surveying and land management for the transport industry, the various spheres of production, government and airlines, research organizations, educational institutions, public organizations.
We are looking for partner to participate in the multi-country (cross-regional) project under ERASMUS+ KA2 "Capacity Building in Higher Education" in the field of "Environment protection in aviation sector" (EPiAS). All tasks and activities will aim to improve the competences and skills via innovative curriculum, grow in experience through regional integration and cooperation between different regions of the world.
Erasmus+ Key Actions in higher education
Key Action 2: Capacity Building in Higher Education
Multi-country (cross-regional) project
Civil aviation has essential impact on the environment as on global (deterioration ozone layer, greenhouse effect, cirrus clouds formation and acid rains) as on regional/local levels (noise, photochemical smog and regional haze). So, even though all the benefits that airport brings, they have significant impacts on those living nearby. It is quite for city airports, which are quite closely located to habitation area. Lately, these problems intensify in connection with increasing air traffic (at a mean annual rate of 5 to 7%) and growing public awareness of local air quality around the airports.
This joint proposed project will obtain regional priorities of ERASMUS+.
(Objectives) To develop and establish an innovative lifelong learning education system in GT with regards to European modernization agenda for higher education
1. Modernization of curriculum by developing new and innovative courses and methodologies.
1.1. Development of curriculum for subject area – "Environment protection" by taking into account crucial challenges from civil aviation. This curriculum will be oriented on the research the basic approaches and methods to assess predict and regulate of environmental impact from civil aviation based on best practices of the EU. It covers all cycles (BA, MA, PhD).
1.2. Development, testing and adaptation of learning and teaching methodologies and pedagogical approaches.
2. Strengthening of relations between high education and the wider economic and social environment.
2.1. University – enterprise cooperation by entrepreneurship and employability of graduates – practice-oriented activities, internship;
2.2. Internal cooperation at regional level (among countries from the same region) or cross-regional level – training and retraining purpose, workshops and visits for result dissemination purpose.
2.3. Сooperation between enterprises, HEI, CAA and government servant targeted on necessity of Ukraine and the EU standards harmonization concerning methods, approaches, measures and recommendations to regulate and control of environmental impact from airport.
1. Update existing training modules in curricula of bachelors and masters in Environmental Protection to address environmental problems of aviation sector
2. Preparation of new curricula in accordance with new higher education laws in Ukraine
3. Development of new teaching methods, syllabi, manuals and text-books, validation and quality control methods
4. Development, publication, purchase of new training materials, textbooks and manuals.
5. Organization and carrying out of information seminars for industry and government.
6. Development of the operational concepts of partnership between HEI and air transport industries in terms of knowledge and its employment repercussions through dissemination of the project results
7. Training of teachers and students on the new curricula and syllabi
8. Organization and implementation of training courses and workshops, which allow to get basic understanding of existing legal framework for environment in Europe and ICAO (associated organization, CAA and HEI participation).
8. Linking the universities from Partner and Programme Countries with each other
8. Project management
1. Updating of curricula
2. Development and approvement of new syllabi, programs, manuals and text-books for innovatve education in the field of EPiAS
3. Development new practical trainings targeted on practical application of theoretical knowledge of the curricula
4. Modernized laboratories of partner universities and distance learning facilities in accordance with European standards
5. Dissemination of methodologies, creation of web-site of the project.
6. Development of curricula, syllabi and manuals on advanced courses on EPiAS for engineering and managerial staff, government servants and other representatives of aviation industry
7. Creation of a Regional Center of Environmental Problems of Aviation at NAU.
8. Use the environmental training information on best practices. Adaptation of environmental tools (for noise, emissions, air quality assessment) and practices (environmental awareness, Environment impact assessment, land use management, ETS, Bird management) for harmonization EU and Ukrainian standards.
1. EU project FP7 "Tool Suite for Environmental and Economic Aviation Modelling for Policy Analysis (TEAM_Play)"
2. Bilateral cooperation Ukraine-Germany "Monitoring of air pollution produced by aircraft engine emissions in the vicinity of airport"
3. Project CS-GA-2009-255674-TURBOGAS project «Advanced model of turbofan engine» supported by EU Program Clean Sky
4. TRACECA Environment Protection ("Best Practices and Recommended Method for Computing Noise and Emissions around Airport", "Operational Opportunities to Minimise Fuel Use and Reduce Emissions", "Review of Environmental Concepts and Practices", "Overview of Environmental Management Systems").
5. Project East-West European Network on higher Technical education 'EWENT', Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Lot 8, http://ewent.meil.pw.edu.pl/
6. TEMPUS IV New model of the third cycle in engineering education due to Bologna Process in BY, RU, UA (2013-2016) 543724-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-LT-TEMPUS-JPCR
7. TEMPUS IV Education for Leadership, Intelligence and Talent Encouraging (2013-2016) 544343-TEMPUS-1-2013-1-LT-TEMPUS-SMHES
Kateryna Synylo, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0979538597, ID skype: katja_synylo