Oleksandr Dovzhenko Hlukhiv National Pedagogical University
Oleksandr Dovzhenko Hlukhiv National Pedagogical University is the oldest pedagogical university of the country which has been a standard for the Ukrainian pedagogical education for over 140 years. According to the long-lasting traditions, the HNPU combines classical university traditions with modern pedagogical approaches, the high level of the ethics for the professional and interpersonal relations, continuity of traditions and potential for transferring the rich research, pedagogical and life experience to new generations. Outstanding scientists and teachers, famous scientific schools and centres, a high standard of education make HNPU nowadays. Our University is always ready to share experience and to adopt innovations, that’s why we are open to fruitful and mutually beneficial cooperation in the field of education.
The University provides education of the following levels: Bachelor (17 education programmes), Master (18 education programmes) PhD (5 programmes) and post-doctoral (5 programmes).
- comprises 6 faculties, 5 teaching and consulting centres and 18 teaching chairs;
- trains over 5 000 students that annually receive education in HNPU at full-time and part-time courses in advanced BA, MA, PhD, and post-doctoral programmes;
- numbers over 300 highly qualified lecturers and scientists involved in teaching and research activities;
- has 10 scientific research laboratories, 91 scientific societies and groups dealing with innovations, pedagogical technologies transferring and cooperating with the educational institutions on all the levels;
- supports 20 sports teams and sport clubs;
- provides students with the possibility of obtaining additional education;
- runs Centre of International Cooperation, Centre for Pre-professional and Postgraduate education;
- has scientific and pedagogical libraries, the library of rare books;
- has historical and methodological office of laws of Hetman historic period;
- has 5 comfortable dormitories, a swimming pool, a stadium and other facilities.
HNPU carries out training of teaching staff for the national labor market, conducts scientific research, scientific, technical and innovation activities in the specialties of Pre-school Education, Primary Education, Secondary Education, Professional Education, Social Work, Management and Administration. HNPU is a full right participant in the Bologna process. The University is actively working towards integrating into the international scientific and educational area and consistently implements the Strategy of Internationalization of Higher Education.
Among the main directions of the University international activity the following ones can be found:
- international integration of the University into the European Higher Education Area on condition of preserving and developing the achievements and progressive traditions of the national higher education;
- developing well-established contacts with the international partners and establishing new ones;
- complex cooperation with funds, state and public organizations of foreign countries, local authorities;
- organizing and conducting international events;
- providing credit and degree academic mobility;
- expanding the spectrum of affiliate programs, participating in the international scientific researches, cultural, administrative structures, associations, societies;
- organizing foreign languages studying and ensuring international certification of curricula.
HNPU takes part in numerous international research and educational projects externally funded:
- Erasmus+ Jean Monnet Module 562284-EPP-1-2015-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE Implementing the Strategy for Environmental Safety: Integrating European Experience (ISESIEE)
- Erasmus+ KA107 2016-1-TR01-KA107-028993 International Academic and Credit Mobility
- Erasmus+ KA107 2017-1-TR01-KA107-038404 International Academic and Credit Mobility
- Erasmus+ KA107 2017-1-TR01-KA107-041977 International Academic and Credit Mobility
- Deutsch-Ukrainische Jugendbegegnungen Stiftung «Erinnerung, Verantwortung und Zukunft» Programme «Meet up!»
- British Council Leadership Development Programme «University as a center of public opinion» etc.
Key activities of the HNPU in the possible projects are as follows:
- improving educational curricula;
- providing life-long education;
- developing STEM education;
- developing professional competence;
- providing multicultural studies in education;
- implementing inclusive education;
- forming the communicative competence of future professionals;
- forming business incubators;
- taking part in lectures, seminars and conferences abroad for sharing successful practices;
- adapting and implementing laboratory equipment;
We would like to invite universities and researchers for joint research and academic projects in the framework of Erasmus+, Horizon 2020 and other programmes. We have a lot of motivated, experienced professors and PhDs who are ready to work hard in international consortiums.
Looking forward for cooperation, advice and suggestions, please contact us.
HNPU is a member of the European Association of Security, International Association of Ecologists of Universities, International Association of Rectors of European Pedagogical Universities and oth. The university has also close international relationship with Aberystwyth University (The UK), University of Applied Sciences Zittau/Goerlitz (Germany), Afyon Kocatepe University (Turkey), Ondokuz Mayis University (Turkey), Tiraspol State University (Moldova) and other universities from Belgium, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kazakhstan, Canada, Germany, Poland, Turkey.
The HNPU practice of international cooperation includes: participation in the international grant programs, students and professors academic exchange, development of joint educational programs, conducting of scientific researches, publication of joint scientific works, organising and conducting of international conferences and seminars, etc. Teachers of our university constantly take part in different trainings abroad and organize training programme for foreigners in the framework of different international programmes, including Ersmus+.
This fact shows that the professional training is maintained on a very high level and it confirms that our university can integrate into the international community.
414000 Ukraine, Sumy region, Hlukhiv, Kyevo-Moskovska str. 24
Assoc. Prof., PhD., Head of International Cooperation department Olena Melnyk