H. S. Skovoroda National Pedagogical University (NPU)
H.S.Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University (SKhNPU) is one of the oldest Universities in Ukraine, established in 1804, as well as one of the leading national Universities in teacher education in Ukraine.
H. S. Skovoroda KhNPU is a state university in full compliance with the requirements and criteria of the Bologna Charter and has the fourth level of accreditation. SKhNPU draws on the vast range of expertise in the sciences, information technologies, arts and design, foreign languages, education, humanities, economics and law, social sciences and psychology, sports in order to engage in innovative research and practice on the above mentioned areas.
H. S. Skovoroda KhNPU, enjoys facilities such as
• trains teachers and professionals from pre-school and primary level at the 9 institutes, 14 Faculties, 53 Departments, about 1 000 lectures and trainers, about 10 000 students, 7 buildings
• SKhNPU has initiated the establishment of a Consortium of Universities in order to further develop higher education system in Ukraine and to enhance collaboration between leading universities in terms of teaching and research;
• SKhNPU trains teachers in 25 specialities in qualifying levels: Bachelor, Specialist and Masters as well as PhD degree (in 32 specialities)).
• SKhNPU is main stakeholder for 6 special scientific Boards where theses for Doctor's Degree are presented
• SKhNPU trained about 9 000 teachers (in-service and pre-service study)
• SKhNPU has the necessary instruments to promote the projects to the public at large through Media and Press
SKhNPU has experience in International collaboration with many Universities (from West Europe, East Europe, Africa and Asia) as well as participation at the International Conferences in any areas. SKhNPU has experience during last years in project writing (TEMPUS) in Science Education with Illia Chavchavadze University, Tbilisi (Georgia) as main stakeholder and in inclusive education, the project title is "Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program in Speech and Language Pathology Science" with Mediterranean Universities (University of L'Aquila, Italy), but only on the first stage as applicant.
H. S. Skovoroda KhNPU (University) aims to modernize the process of teacher training (Digital citizenship: digital access, communication, literacy, etiquette, health and wellness, rights and responsibilities, safety, commerce, law). Given that educators have to be a key chain of these processes, researches on mastery the ICT means as a new system of social and educational interaction (focus on digital projects, digital media, mobile learning, library innovations) are priority.
Skovoroda KhNPU is interested in Cooperation Projects: Credit mobility / degree mobility; Joint Master Degrees; Capacity building, Jean Monnet.
We look forward to sharing experience in teacher education, developing new research tools and methods, applying new technologies to the learning process, including methodology and ICT innovations applied for teaching and learning; establishing multilateral academic exchanges and developing the long-term basis for cooperation and integration to European educational space.
- Improvement of Master's programs
- Harmonization of curriculum
- Joint mater degrees programs
- Mutual academic exchanges under existing institution agreements
- Development of academic mobility
- Sharing of international experience
- Visiting Professors programs
Tatyana Oleinik, project manager, Prof., Information Technology Department
Phone: +38 (050) 15-44-989
Olena Andrushenko, Vice-Rector of Scientific Work
Phone/fax: +38 (057) 700-34-97
H.S.Skovoroda Kharkiv National Pedagogical University
Str. Artema, 29, Kharkiv 61002, UKRAINE