South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynsky
South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D.Ushynsky is a higher education institution of the IVth accreditation level.
The University's structure consists of seven Institutes which train BSc., specialists, MSc., PhD., DSc.:
Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Institute of Psychology, Institute of Pre-School and Special Education, Institute of Primary and Technical Education, Institute of World Languages, Institute of Physical Education and Rehabilitation, Institute of Arts.
The University has 1000 academic staff (among them 12 Academicians, 63 Professors, Doctors of Sciences) and holds the 4th place in the official ranking of Ukrainian humanitarian universities.
12 departments support training of specialists on internal and external forms.
8000 students, 300 graduate students and doctoral candidates from the USA, Russia, Israel, Ecuador, Iran, China, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Moldova are trained at the University.
It has 17 scientific schools known in Ukraine and the World and 7 Qualification Scientific Councils authorized to award the PhD and DSc degrees.
The University has joined the Association of European Universities, the East-European Universities Network, Talloires Network of Universities, the International Association of Pedagogical Universities of Central and Eastern Europe, Sweden National Scientific Association, Dialogue Eurasia Platform, the European Union of Choral Associations (Committee for Higher Education and Research, Council of Europe, Strasburg), it is a member of a well-known European organization "Observatory of the Magna Charta".
It cooperates with more than 100 educational establishments of Ukraine and many Universities of Europe, Asia and the USA.
South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D.Ushynsky is participating in TEMPUS project supported by the European Commission "Educational research and information and cultural centers of other counties" and in Visegrad Foundation Program "Visegrad Eastern Partnership Literary Award".
The University has a unique International Educational Distance Center in the South of Ukraine and started the project "Interuniversity consortium "On-line".
Priorities of the University development:
Introducing new perspective majors.
Increasing of the quality of educational services and ensuring they correspond to national, European and international standards as well as to the requirements of Bologna process. Curriculum modernization (educational programs, education content).
Search for effective interaction and collaboration with potential partners.
Intensifying activity in the International and European educational environment.
Interests for cooperation:
Reformation and modernization of higher education systems.
Joint Master Courses and issuing diplomas of double value.
Developing contents and pedagogical methods and tools for teaching and initial vocational training.
Students and staff mobility and cross-border cooperation
Supporting of transnational cooperation among higher education institutions and other relevant stakeholders through multilateral projects.
Knowledge triangle: Education – Innovation – Research.
Staff training and skills development
Internal monitoring the quality of education
Opening of educational, scientific, cultural and information centers of other countries
Joint scientific publications
Involvement of foreign partners to scientific research in the following areas:
- Inexpensive chemical nanosensor systems for environmental monitoring
- Detection of metastable states of the precipitates in reactor steels under neutron irradiation and prolongation of lifetime of nuclear reactors
- Automated control of seismic events
- Forecast of radiation resource (RR) of materials and devices in space conditions
- Optimization of rolling sheets properties by means of special type texture formation
- Structure, crystallographic texture and properties of the metal products, got by the innovative method of twist extrusion
- The appliance for diagnosis of the functional state of the human brain "The Lightning"
- The programs of complex psychophysiological examination of children Psychophysiology of early ontogenesis
- Passive linear time invariant state/signal systems theory
- Direct and inverse problems on graphs
- Speech accompaniment of professional preparation of future educators of preschool educational establishments
- Estimation by sight measuring device
- Theory and practice of integrated training of foreign languages in secondary and higher education institutions
Eleonora Stryga, Associate Professor
University web-site: http://www.pdpu.edu.ua