Ukrainian Catholic University
UCU is a private institution for education and research. UCU offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in theology, philosophy, history, social pedagogy, psychology, ecumenical studies, business administration, journalism and media communications as well as non-degree programs in public ethics, European studies, bioethics, human rights studies, languages, sacred art, NGO's management, summer and semester courses for international students. UCU offers language training and summer schools in at least 10 languages, and hosts several international conferences each year. It has several research institutes and maintains its own publishing house. UCU is distinguished with the team of young managers and teachers with the knowledge of modern foreign languages and broad international experience.
UCU is interested in Cooperation Projects: Capacity building / Strategic partnerships / Knowledge alliances; Credit mobility / degree mobility. We look forward to establishing inter-institutional international joint study programs in Humanities, Theology and Philosophy, Business Education, Social Sciences; developing a new model of structured doctoral programs; developing new models of teaching and learning, including and ICT-based learning; all forms of academic exchange.
The priority areas of cooperation for us are the following:
1. Multidisciplinary programs and courses development:
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Human Rights Studies
- European Studies
- Urban Studies
- Women's Studies
- Public History
- Historical Tourism
- Jewish studies
- Byzantinistik and Medieval Studies
- History of Ukrainian nationalism and insurgent movement (1930s-1940s)
- Socio-pedagogical support for orphans and children deprived of parental care
- Theology and Philosophy Studies,
- Journalism and Media Communications, etc.
2. Online education and ICT-based learning, scholarly communication and open access
3. Internationalization of university and increasing of international relations capacities.
UCU successfully completed a number of international projects and proved to be a responsible partner, including 2 TEMPUS projects (http://ucu.edu.ua/eng/academics/international/projects/tempus/):
1. 511340-TEMPUS-1-2010-1- NL-TEMPUS-JPGR – Development of best practice model Doctoral Schools for structured PhD programme implementation in Ukraine and Georgia (Coordinator – University of Maastricht)
2. 516935-TEMPUS-1-2011-1-FITEMPUS-SMGR – Towards Trust in Quality Assurance Systems – TRUST (Coordinator - University of Jyväskylä)
UCU has affiliations with several leading universities throughout the world including Columbia University, Harvard University, University of Toronto, University of Alberta, University of Vienna, Hebrew University in Jerusalem, University of Warsaw and the National University "Kyiv Mohyla Academy" (NaUKMA). It is a member of the International Federation of Catholic Universities, along with the University of Notre Dame, University of Leuven, the Pontifical Oriental Institute and others (http://ucu.edu.ua/eng/academics/international/academic-partners/)
Dmytro Sherengovsky, PhD,
Director of the International Academic Relations Department
tel. (38-032) 240-99-40/ext.261;
fax (38-032) 240-99-50