Institute of Ionosphere MES and NAS of Ukraine
Ionosphere Institute is a leading research institution in Ukraine and Central Europe. It conducts research near-Earth space with help of highly informative Radiophysical method - the incoherent scatter method.
The main scientific activities of the Institute are carrying out fundamental and exploratory research, such as:
- The development of a theory of the ionosphere in the natural and artificially disturbed states;
- The experimental investigations of ionospheric parameters in natural and artificial disturbed states;
- The creation of systems incoherent scattering (IS).
Ionosphere Institute conducts fundamental scientific works on such topics:
- The study of processes of formation of the ionosphere in a quiet condition and during natural disturbances;
- The study of transport processes of substance of near space according to the method of incoherent scattering of radio waves;
- Modeling of parameter variations of dynamic and thermal processes in the geospace plasma in quiet heliogeophysical conditions;
- Comprehensive studies of variations of the midlatitude ionosphere at different levels of geomagnetic activity;
- Radiophysical investigations of atmospheric-ionospheric wave disturbances over Ukraine accompanying variations in space weather.
Our Institute is ready to take an active part in preparing an application for the joint project in the field of education in the natural sciences and engineering.
Title: Development of higher education in the field of natural sciences and engineering by creating a corporate research and education centers to improve the quality and strengthen the position of graduates in the labor market.
Goal of the project – improving of education in the field of natural sciences and engineering, based on organization universities and research organizations, corporate research and education centers focused on the use of modern scientific instruments, devices, systems, methods and software products in the learning process for preparation of master's degrees, including special individual programs of research students in scientific organizations and institutions. Individual programs may include experimental investigations, experimental data processing, development of special software, training abstracts and articles, presentations, reports and development of other forms of practical work aimed at obtaining a deep and abiding knowledge of the study area and to ensure student academic freedom.
Objective of the project – improving the quality of education master's degrees in natural sciences and engineering based on the organization of corporate research and education centers (CREC) implementation of research results in the learning process, the development of new methods of organization of educational process in CREC using new and existing curriculum subjects, providing the necessary balance between training students and academic freedom, and the widespread introduction of educational Internet technologies.
The specific objectives of the project:
1. Development of a technique of creating CREC based on experimental facilities of universities and research organizations to address the problem of increasing the quality of master's degrees in natural sciences and engineering.
2. Development of techniques for practical, independent laboratory and training sessions in CREC in preparation of masters.
3. Updating and harmonization of curriculum subjects studied in CREC in the Master's program.
4. Development of proposals for the use and implementation of Internet technologies in the educational process CREC.
5. Exchange of experience on practical training masters at leading universities in Europe, attracting new partners to the project.
Activities under the project:
1. Develop a proposal and creation CREC based on the scientific organization and the university.
2. Preparation of training programs in several disciplines Master-oriented training in CREC and their testing in the learning process.
3. Development, publication, acquisition of new teaching materials, textbooks and manuals.
4. Organizing and conducting informational seminars for university teachers and researchers of the scientific organization.
5. Preparation of lecturers to conduct training sessions in CREC.
6. Preparation of students for classes on the new educational programs in CREC.
7. Evaluation of the quality of mastering by the students of the studied material.
1. Research and Education Center for training of masters in the field of Radio Physics and Electronics.
2. Methods of training sessions in CREC for university teachers and researchers of scientific organizations.
3. Training programs of disciplines, planned to study in CREC.
4. Create a project web site.
5. Dissemination of project results.
Our team has experience of managing the following projects:
1. "Norwegian-Ukrainian cooperation aimed to sustainable development of the education process in geospace researches" (CPEA-2012/10021).
Please contact us, Siusiuk Maryna, research associate,
Institute of Ionosphere NAS and MES of Ukraine
Address: Krasnoznamennaya str., 16
Tel./Fax: 38 057 706 22 87
Institute website: http://www.iion.org.ua