Riga Building College
INSTITUTION/CONTACT PERSON: Last Name KRAGE First Name LINDA Institution RIGA BUILDING COLLEGE
Role in the institution COORDINATOR OF EXTERNAL PROJECTS
Address GAIZINA str. 3, Town RIGA Country LATVIA
Homepage address of the institution www.rck.lv
INFORMATION ABOUT THE PLANNED PROJECT:
Erasmus+ International cooperation Activity (higher education sector) – type of the project idea
Discipline / Academic field Restoration of Cultural Heritage, Architecture, Civil engineering
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: Objectives
The main objective is to create the conditions necessary for the formation of high-quality learning process, based on the modernization and quality of sustainable development.
- to promote the quality of architecture, restoration and construction, supporting the development of standards;
- harmoniously combine natural assets, cultural heritage and contemporary architecture in high-quality spatial development;
- to improve the quality of education in the specialities of Construction, Architecture and Restoration as well as to support the research in these areas;
- to increase public awareness of the responsibility of residential and public environment in promoting architecture and promoting public participation;
- to promote the preservation of tangible and intangible Cultural Heritage assets (material groups – wood, metal, artificial an natural stone, paper);
- to promote Latvian architectural visibility and competitiveness at international level.
Riga Building college certifies that its international collaboration strategy will participate in and promote the modernization of higher education and internationalization. Work is being done at the college brand awareness and openness to international area. In order to raise the quality of higher education, giving the necessary researchers and graduates, and to strengthen the capacity of Riga Building college, the institution plans to develop new programs: Building Restoration/conservation; Road Construction; Technology of Building Engineering.
Expected results are going to improve:
- competitiveness of graduates in the labour market;
- education methodology and quality;
- quality of preservation and maintenance of Cultural Heritage.
We are searching for:
Types of institutions Educational and/or research establishments
Theoretical and/or practical training of constructors, architects and restorers of Cultural Heritage.
Other relevant information
RBC has previous experience with Erasmus projects.