The National Erasmus+ Office – Ukraine (NEO – Ukraine) assists the European Commission, the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), the national authorities and higher education institutions in the implementation of the Erasmus+ Programme. The NEO – Ukraine follows closely the policy developments in Ukraine, particularly in the field of higher education but also at other levels of education, if required.
Besides the EU Delegation, the NEO is a focal point in the country for all actors, potential applicants, beneficiaries and other stakeholders as regards the EU cooperation activities in (higher) education under the ERASMUS+ Programme.
The mandate of the National Erasmus+ Office under the Erasmus + Programme covers all: supporting, promotion and dissemination activities related to the Erasmus+ activities in higher education open to cooperation with partner countries (in Key Actions 1, 2 and 3).
Activities of the NEO are targeted at the following groups of stakeholders:
- All Erasmus+ beneficiaries and potential beneficiaries in the country (such as higher education institutions, staff and students, civil society, non-governmental organisations, enterprises, academic and professional associations, student associations, professional organisations, research institutions, vocational training institutions) and any other stakeholder eligible for participation in the Erasmus+ programme in their country.
- National authorities, in particular those in charge of higher education and their affiliate bodies.
- Potential applicants, grant holders, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the field of higher education in Erasmus+ Programme Countries, where possible.
- Other NEOs, especially in the same region and with National Agencies in the Erasmus+ Programme Countries (in particular for partner search, exchange of good practices or organisation of joint events).
The NEO contributes to the following overall objectives: to improve the awareness, visibility, relevance, effectiveness and impact of the international components of the Erasmus+ Programme and contribute to its promotion and dissemination in Ukraine.
- To assist the European Commission, the EACEA, the EU Delegations and the Ukrainian authorities in the implementation of the international higher education dimension of the Erasmus+ programme.
- To support and monitor the implementation and dissemination of results of on-going projects selected under the Tempus IV programme (2007-2013) in Ukraine. Last project was finished in 2017.
The results to be achieved by the NEO
- Improved awareness of Erasmus+ for potential applicants and higher education stakeholders in general.
- Promotion of other actions and field open for Ukraine under Erasmus+.
- High Quality assistance to applicants and beneficiaries.
- Contribution and timely response to European Commission and EACEA requests in particular for the consultation exercise in the context of the selection process.
- Dissemination of running projects results (including finished Tempus IV programme projects 2007-2017).
- Sound support to the team of Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs) in the partner country.
- Contribution to the life of the Erasmus+ community by collaborating closely with the European Commission, Delegations and the National Authorities.
- Dissemination of information and visibility in Ukraine about other EU higher education initiatives.