The National Erasmus+ Office – Ukraine (NEO – Ukraine) assists the European Commission, the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), the national authorities and higher education institutions in the implementation of the Erasmus+ Programme. The NEO – Ukraine follows closely the policy developments in Ukraine in the field of Higher Education (HE) and Vocational Training and Education (VET), and when necessary, in other Education fields, Youth and Sport.
Besides the EU Delegation, the NEO – UA acts as focal points in Ukraine for applicants, beneficiaries and other stakeholders as regards the EU cooperation activities under the Erasmus+ Programme.
The mandate of the NEO – UA covers supporting, promotion and dissemination activities related to all Erasmus+ international dimension actions open to cooperation with Ukraine (Key Actions 1, 2 and 3), with a special focus on actions in International Credit Mobility, Capacity Building in Higher Education, Capacity Building in Vocational Education and Training, Virtual Exchange in Higher Education and Youth. Higher Education Reform Expert Team – Ukraine will be coordinated by NEO – UA.
Activities of the NEO are targeted at the following groups of stakeholders:
- All Erasmus+ beneficiaries and potential beneficiaries in the country (such as higher education institutions, staff and students, civil society, non-governmental organisations, enterprises, academic and professional associations, student associations, professional organisations, research institutions, vocational training institutions) and any other stakeholder eligible for participation in the Erasmus+ programme in their country.
- National authorities, in particular those in charge of higher education and their affiliate bodies.
- Potential applicants, grant holders, beneficiaries and other stakeholders in the field of higher education in Erasmus+ Programme Countries, where possible.
- Other NEOs, especially in the same region and with National Agencies in the Erasmus+ Programme Countries (in particular for partner search, exchange of good practices or organisation of joint events).
Overall objectives: to improve the awareness, visibility, relevance, effectiveness and impact of the international components of the Erasmus+ programme and to support promotion and dissemination in Ukraine.
– To assist the European Commission, the EACEA, the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine, the Authorities of Ukraine, relevant Stakeholders and Beneficiaries in the implementation of the International Dimension of the Erasmus+ Programme in the fields of Higher Education and Vocational Education and Training, as well as other opportunities in Education, Youth and Sport which are open to Ukraine as a Partner Country.
– To support promotion and dissemination of EU funded projects activities and outcomes in Ukraine.
The Erasmus+ Multiannual Indicative Programme for 2021-2027 sets up the key priority areas for the Eastern Partnership Countries (Region 2). Therefore, for Territory of Ukraine recognised by the International Law as a part of the Region 2, the priorities are the following: International (Credit) Mobility (ICM), Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education (CBHE), Capacity Building in the Field of Vocational Education and Training (CBVET), Virtual Exchange in Higher Education and Youth and EaP Alumni.
In addition to the above mentioned Erasmus+ Actions, NEO – UA focuses on the open opportunities to ensure wider participation of the Ukrainian organisations with the innovative capacity to join partnerships and where possible to initiate the projects in: Classic Erasmus and Mobility in VET with 20% incoming to Ukraine opportunities, Learning mobility for Youth Actions, Jean Monnet Actions, Erasmus Mundus Actions, Cooperative Partnerships and Forward-looking Partnerships in all fields, Alliances for Innovation for HEIs and VETIs as well as #BeActive initiative.
The support to the individuals on the available opportunities with the focus on the audience with fewer opportunities will provide a wider access to make Erasmus+ open for all.
NEO – UA will become a center of excellence and a pool of expertise contributing to the reforms in education, youth and sport areas, providing high quality guides on opportunities and building capacity of stakeholders and beneficiaries to become Erasmus+ champion widely disseminating the Programme impact. Ambassadors of the European values in Ukraine and promoters of Ukrainian achievements in EEA, EHEA and ERA.
The results to be achieved by the NEO
- Improved awareness of Erasmus+ for potential applicants and higher education stakeholders in general.
- Promotion of other actions and field open for Ukraine under Erasmus+.
- High Quality assistance to applicants and beneficiaries.
- Sound support to the team of Higher Education Reform Experts (HEREs) in the partner country.
- Contribution to the life of the Erasmus+ community by collaborating closely with the European Commission, Delegations and the National Authorities.
- Dissemination of information and visibility in Ukraine about other EU higher education initiatives.
Project is officially registered at the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine as an International Technical Aid of EU to Ukraine. Registration Card #5044, dated on 27.12.2022.