The Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in cooperation with the European Commission the European External Action Service and SALTO EECA Resource Center organised the 5th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum under the title of "Youth participation in democratic processes. The forum took place online on 23-24th November as a side-event of the forthcoming Eastern Partnership Summit in Brussels on the 15th of December 2021. It brought together over 250 participants: young people, youth workers, and policy-makers together to discuss key achievements, challenges, and opportunities for youth participation in the context of the post-2020 priorities for the Eastern Partnership initiative.
AGENDA of the Forum - at the link.
Plenary session VIDEO recording - at the link.
During 2-days Forum participants had a unique opportunity to discuss achievements and challenges regarding the youth policies in the Eastern Neighbourhood region and the European Union. Participants were encouraged to share good practices, experiences and proposals in the field of youth participation in democratic processes with the aim to enhance an inclusive platform for youth participation in line with the 9th EU Youth goal – "Space and participation for All".
The main theme of the 5th Eastern Partnership Youth Forum was centred around establishing an inclusive environment and adequate conditions aiming to achieve the meaningful participation of young people in democratic processes.
The main objectives of the forum included:
- engaging young people in a dialogue on best practices, challenges and opportunities in enabling youth participation in democratic processes;
- enabling mutual learning, inspiration and motivation for future actions for the participants;
- fostering dialogue and exchange of views between the EU institutions, EU MS and Eastern Partners in support of youth participation;
- feeding the discussion on the future role of youth in the Eastern Partnership.
During the Forum participants got the opportunity to netwrok and share their ideas. local cases and experience via different thematic workshops:
- WORKSHOP 1: Space and participation for all in EU and EaP countries
- WORKSHOP 2: The Future of the EaP Youth Policy
- WORKSHOP 3: Political participation of youth as means to upholding European values & democracy
- WORKSHOP 4: Conditions for meaningful youth participation
EVENT'S DOCUMENTS (Useful Information) - at the link.
Overview "Eastern Partnership Youth Forum: shaping the joint vision for EU-EaP cooperation" - download.
Factsheet "EMPOWERING YOUNG PEOPLE IN THE EASTERN PARTNER COUNTRIES" - download.