Ten projects involving 46 universities and other organisations from Ukraine have been selected for a total grant funding of over EUR 9 mln under the European Union Erasmus+ Programme for Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education Action for cooperation projects. In total, 164 projects were selected for funding. These are the results of the 2020 Call for Proposals announced by the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) of the European Commission. The selected projects will start their activities from November 2020 or January 2021.
“The European Union supports a large number of Erasmus+ projects to promote and implement educational reforms, to strengthen international cooperation, enhance employability and innovation. However, in my opinion, the main goal of the Erasmus+ is to unite people from all over the world,” underlined Ambassador Matti MAASIKAS, Head of the EU Delegation to Ukraine.
Those 10 projects focus on modernisation of educational programmes in social and behavioural sciences, health, environment, engineering and engineering trades; modernisation of governance, management and functioning of higher education institutions; and strengthening of relations between higher education systems and the wider economic and social environment.
46 partners from Ukraine represent 36 higher education institutions, 1 research institution, 1 private and 2 state enterprises, 2 NGOs, the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, the Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine, and the National Agency for Higher Education Quality Assurance. In addition, three Ukrainian universities acted as project grantholders-coordinators: Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Lviv Polytechnic National University and Zaporizhzhia Polytechnic National University:
- “Integrating Dual Higher Education in Moldova and Ukraine (COOPERA)”: KROK UNIVERSITY, ODESSA NATIONAL ECONOMIC UNIVERSITY, UZHHOROD NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, V. N. KARAZIN KHARKIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE OF UKRAINE.
- “Digitalization of economic as an element of sustainable development of Ukraine and Tajikistan (DigEco)”: ADMIRAL MAKAROV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SHIPBUILDING, DMYTRO MOTORNYI TAVRIA STATE AGROTECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, KAMIANETS-PODILSKY IVAN OHIENKO NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, PRYAZOVSKYI STATE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, ZHYTOMYR POLYTECHNIC STATE UNIVERSITY, MINISTRY OF DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION OF UKRAINE, LTD «COMPANY M-MASTER», VINNYTSIA CITY ORGANIZATION FOR SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT AND FORMATION OF CERTAIN VULNERABLE CATEGORIES OF YOUTH PAROSTOK.
- “Simulation in Undergraduate MEDical Education for Improvement of SAFEty and Quality of Patient Care (SAFEMED+)”: BUKOVINIAN STATE MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, IVAN HORBACHEVSKY TERNOPIL NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY.
- “Building Academic Capacity in Global Health in the Eastern Europe - Central Asia Region (BACE)”: IVAN HORBACHEVSKY TERNOPIL NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF KYIV-MOHYLA ACADEMY.
- “Open Practices, Transparency and Integrity for Modern Academia (OPTIMA)”: LVIV POLYTECHNIC NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (grantholder), DONETSK NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, LUTSK NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, SUMY STATE UNIVERSITY, NATIONAL AGENCY FOR HIGHER EDUCATION QUALITY ASSURANCE, and NATIONAL ANTARCTIC SCIENTIFIC CENTER.
- “Cross-domain competences for healthy and safe work in the 21st century (WORK4CE)“: ZAPORIZHZHIA POLYTECHNIC NATIONAL UNIVERSITY (grantholder), KYIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF CONSTRUCTION AND ARCHITECTURE, TERNOPIL NATIONAL ECONOMIC UNIVERSITY.
- “Synergy of educational, scientific, management and industrial components for climate management and climate change prevention (CLIMAN)”: KHARKIV NATIONAL AUTOMOBILE AND HIGHWAY UNIVERSITY, KROK UNIVERSITY, LVIV POLYTECHNIC NATIONAL UNIVERSITY.
- “University Teachers' Certification Centres: Innovative Approach to Promotion Teaching Excellence (UTTERLY)”: IVAN FRANKO NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LVIV (grantholder), INSTITUTE OF HIGHER EDUCATION OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES OF UKRAINE, KIROVOHRAD VOLODYMYR VYNNYCHENKO STATE PEDAGOGICAL UNIVERSITY, KRYVYI RIH NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, LUTSK NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, NIZHYN MYKOLA GOGOL STATE UNIVERSITY, PEREYASLAV-KHMELNYTSKY HRYHORIY SKOVORODA STATE PEDAGOGICAL UNIVERSITY, POLTAVA V.G. KOROLENKO NATIONAL PEDAGOGICAL UNIVERSITY, KYIV NATIONAL ECONOMIC UNIVERSITY NAMED AFTER VADYM HETMAN, UNION OF RECTORS OF HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS OF UKRAINE.
- “Multilevel Local, Nation- and Regionwide Education and Training in Climate Services, Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation (ClimEd)”: BILA TSERKVA NATIONAL AGRARIAN UNIVERSITY, KYIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF CONSTRUCTION AND ARCHITECTURE, LVIV POLYTECHNIC NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, ODESSA NATIONAL MEDICAL UNIVERSITY, ODESSA STATE ENVIRONMENTAL UNIVERSITY , O.M. BEKETOV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF URBAN ECONOMY IN KHARKIV, MINISTRY OF ECOLOGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES OF UKRAINE, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE OF UKRAINE.
- “International Students Adaptation and Integration (INTERAD)”: CHERNIVTSI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY YURIY FEDKOVYCH, IVAN FRANKO NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LVIV, KROK UNIVERSITY, MARIUPOL STATE UNIVERSITY, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING, ODESSA NATIONAL POLYTECHNIC UNIVERSITY, SUMY NATIONAL AGRARIAN UNIVERSITY, V. N. KARAZIN KHARKIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY, UKRAINIAN STATE CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION OF THE MINISTRY OF EDUCATION AND SCIENCE OF UKRAINE.
59 partners from 22 countries are also among the project teams that represent: 34 partners from 15 Programme Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Germany, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Italy, Lithuania, Latvia, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Slovenia; 25 organisations are from 7 Partner Countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Republic of Moldova, Tajikistan.
FIND OUT MORE IN THE INFOGRAPHICS (download)
Erasmus+ is the European Union Programme for 2014-2020 to support international cooperation projects, partnerships, events and mobility in education, training, youth and sport.
Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education Action (CBHE) projects support the modernisation of higher education. Under 2015-2019 calls for proposals 38 projects were selected for funding with over 200 Ukrainian organisations including 120 Higher Education Institutions. The grant amount is over EUR 27 million.
The information on the selection results is available at the portal of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency: https://bit.ly/2PiFxqj
Guidelines, recommendations and other support information for the winners could be found at the EACEA Beneficiaries space: https://bit.ly/2BNtYEw
Database with Erasmus+ projects for Ukraine is available at the National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine at https://bit.ly/312E0Kh