Expanding cooperation in the fields of education, youth and sports within the EUs Erasmus+ Programme
On June 15, 2023, the Minister of Education and Science of Ukraine, Oksen LISOVY, and the Vice President of the European Commission, Margaritis SHINAS, signed a framework document on cooperation in the field of education between the European Commission and the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
Margaritis SHINAS called on Ukrainians to take full advantage of the opportunities offered by the Erasmus+ Program, from strengthening cooperation between schools to the potential of online platforms of the Education Commission, in particular eTwinning, online communities of European teachers and educators.
The framework document includes the following joint activities:
- Promotion of further cooperation between institutions of school education by the EU to forcibly displaced students, in particular through the use of online platforms.
- Providing Ukrainian students with textbooks for the New Ukrainian School.
- Expanding the participation of Ukrainian educational institutions, institutions, and organizations within Erasmus+ on education, training, youth, and sports.
- Promotion of mutual recognition of academic qualifications.
- Participation of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in working groups and events within the European Educational Area.
- Involvement of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine in the work of the European educational information network Eurydice Network.
- Increasing the capacity of Ukrainian sports and youth organizations through new opportunities on capacity building via Erasmus+.