International Seminar “Internationalisation of Higher Education in Ukraine: European Context and National Practices” (28-29.10.2021)
On 28-29 October 2021, the International Seminar “Internationalisation of Higher Education in Ukraine: European Context and National Practices” was organised by the Ukrainian State Center for International Education with the support of the Council of Young Scientists ofthe Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kharkiv National Pedagogical University, the National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine, the International Foundation for Educational Policy Research, the Artes Liberales Faculty of the University of Warsaw and NGO “Innovative University”.
Around 80 representatives of higher education institutions, research institutions, professional and public associations, including the Erasmus+ project teams participated within the Conference.
The following issues were discussed during the seminar:
1. Internationalisation of Ukrainian education and science: challenges and prospects.
2. The role of international activities and cooperation in the future of Ukraine.
3. Experience in implementing international education programs in Ukrainian universities.
4. Intercultural and educational centers as a tool for building sustainable partnerships.
The following experts provided presentations during the first panel meeting:
– Zhanna TALANOVA, representative of the National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine, presented the EU-funded Erasmus+ Programme as an internationalisation tool for building the quality of education, its main innovations for 2021-2027. In addition ,speaker provided recommendations on the participation of Ukrainian educational institutions in international projects.
– Olena SHAPOVALOVA, Head of the Ukrainian State Center for International Education of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, spoke about good practices and new tools in the education of international students in Ukraine .
– Natalia STUKALO, Deputy Head of the National Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education, described the role of internationalisation in ensuring the quality of higher education.