12 new projects will promote European Studies in Ukraine under EU-funded ERASMUS+ Programme: Jean Monnet Actions from 2017
Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) announced the selection results of the Call 2017 for the Jean Monnet Activities under European Union ERASMUS+ Programme for Jean Monnet Actions in European Studies.
138 projects have been selected from Programme Countries and 90 from Partner Countries, among which 10 Ukrainian universities and an NGO from Ukraine are proposed for EU co-funding within Erasmus+ Jean Monnet Actions 2017 (total projects’ budget is about Euro 400,000). The projects are for 8 Jean Monnet Modules on governance, quality assurance, economy, law, policy, culture: Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University, National Technical University of Ukraine Igor Sikorsky «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», State Higher Educational Establishment Zaporizhzhya National University of the Ministry of Education and Sciences of Ukraine, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine, Lesya Ukrainka Eastern European National University, National Pedagogical Dragomanov Unviersity, National University «Ostroh Academy», V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University; to create 3 Jean Monnet Chairs in the area of policy, security, law and culture: National University of Food Technologies, National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy (2); 1 project is for Support to Associations on European Quality of Educational Research: Ukrainian Educational Research Association.
In the context of four Erasmus+ Calls for Proposals published between 2014 and 2017 in total 410 proposals were submitted by Ukrainian organizations, out of which 41 Jean Monnet projects were selected for funding. Those projects include 31 Modules, 4 Chair, 2 Projects and 4 Support for Associations projects, implemented in the field of European Studies by 24 Ukrainian Higher Education Institutions and 6 NGOs. The total grant allocated amounts more than 1200.000 Euro.
The information on the selection results is available at the portal of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/news/jean-monnet-activities-2017-call-eaca032016-0_en
Guidelines, recommendations and other support information for the winners could be found at the EACEA Beneficiaries space: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/beneficiaries-space_en
Database with Erasmus+ Actions project for Ukraine is available at the National Erasmus+ Office – Ukraine at: http://erasmusplus.org.ua/erasmus/novyny-i-baza-proektiv.html
For more details under Erasmus+ Actions, please contact National Erasmus+ office-Ukraine at: www.erasmusplus.org.ua
Congratulations to the Erasmus+ Jean Monnet Actions projects teams!
1. NATIONAL PEDAGOGICAL DRAGOMANOV UNVIERSITY. 587057-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE “Social Cohesion in Education and Governance: European Studies”. Contact person: Marja Nesterova. EU Grant: € 29.736,00.
2. BORYS GRINCHENKO KYIV UNIVERSITY. 587094-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE “Higher Education Quality and Its Expert Support: Ukraine’s movement towards the European Union”. Contact person: Svitlana Sysoieva. EU Grant: € 15.120,00.
3. NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF UKRAINE IGOR SIKORSKY KYIV POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE. 587138-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE “European business models: transformation, harmonization and implementation in Ukraine”. Contact person: Liudmyla Shulgina. EU Grant: € 30.000,00.
4. LESYA UKRAINKA EASTERN EUROPEAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. 587264-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE “European Union Language Policy”. Contact person: Iryna Biskup. EU Grant: € 14.616,00.
5. ZAPORIZHZHYA NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. 587321-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE “European Project Culture”. Contact person: Lesia Kovalenko. EU Grant: € 29.232,00.
6. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF FOOD TECHNOLOGIES. 587488-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-CHAIR “European Union Policies, Regulations and Best Practices in Sustainable Food Production and Consumption”. Contact person: Igor YAKYMENKO. EU Grant: € 49.368,00.
7. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LIFE AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES OF UKRAINE. 587548-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE “EU Food Safety Control”. Contact person: Mariia Galaburda. EU Grant: € 29.232,00.
8. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF KYIV-MOHYLA ACADEMY. 587613-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-CHAIR “Effective Implementation of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement: Contribution of EU Studies to the Legislative Approximation in Ukraine”. Contact person: Roman Petrov. EU Grant: € 50.000,00.
9. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF KYIV-MOHYLA ACADEMY. 587633-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-CHAIR “Jean Monnet Chair “Integration as security”. Contact person: Mykola Gnatiuk. EU Grant: € 50.000,00.
10. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY “OSTROH ACADEMY”. 587684-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE “European Values and Identity Studies”. Contact person: Vitalii Lebediuk. EU Grant: € 13.608,00.
11. V. N. KARAZIN KHARKIV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY. 587868-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-MODULE “Instruments of the EU Environmental Policy”. Contact person: Viktar Kireyeu. EU Grant: € 29.988,00.
12. UKRAINIAN EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATION. 587032-EPP-1-2017-1-UA-EPPJMO-SUPPA “European Quality of Educational Research for Empowering Educators in Ukraine”. Contact person: Svitlana Shchudlo. . EU Grant: € 50.000,00.
For the information:
Within Jean Monnet Activities Erasmus+ Call for Proposals EAC/A03/2016 the EACEA received 1177 applications out of which 32 were deemed non-eligible and 1145 were taken in consideration for further evaluation:
– 571 applications for Modules,
– 185 applications for Chairs,
– 58 applications for Centres of Excellence,
– 78 applications for Networks,
– 235 applications for Projects,
– 18 applications for Support to Associations.
As the result, 138 projects have been selected from Programme Countries and 90 from Partner Countries.