Participation in TAIEX event «Workshop on best practices to implement VET policies on (re)training of the qualified workforce» (08-10.11.2022, online)
On 8-10 November 2022, the National Erasmus+ Office in Ukraine participated in TAIEX event «Workshop on best practices to implement VET policies on (re)training of the qualified workforce». Around 100 participants joined the event: representatives of the VET Directorate and the Reform Support Team of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, National Qualifications Agency, departments (offices) of education and science of regional, Kyiv state administrations, heads and methodologists of VET educational-methodical (scientific-methodical) centres (offices), heads of VET schools.
The aim of the seminar was to present the practical experience on the implementation of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) policies related to (re)training of the qualified workforce well adapted to the requirements of the modern labour markets with special attention to the following aspects:
- implementation of VET and Lifelong Learning (LLL) policies with attention to decentralisation; possibilities to obtain initial IVET; coordination / linkage between the national and European qualifications framework; regulatory provision for VET; coordination of demand for and supply of full / partial qualifications or micro-credentials; and development of public-private partnership;
- experience and peculiarities of the development of educational programmes;
- experience in implementing learning outcomes validation mechanisms for recognition, confirmation, transfer, and accumulation of full / partial qualifications and micro-credentials acquired in non-/informal educational context or in foreign countries;
- procedures and practices of the recognition of VET qualifications and prior learning experience of Ukrainian citizens registered for Temporary Protection or similar national protection schemes in Europe;
- Internationalisation of the work of VET institutions.
Key speakers of the event:
- Somers FRY, Senior expert, Swedish Public Employment Service (Arbetsförmedlingen),
- Ana Claudia VALENTE, Deputy Director, National Agency for Qualification and VET (ANQEP),
Zhanna TALANOVA, NEO – Ukraine Analytical Manager, participated the online event and discussion on implementation of the policy of vocational education and lifelong learning, as well as the analysis of the main features of the vocational education system in Ukraine.