Participation in the Ukraine-UK Forum “Teaching and Learning Excellence in Higher Education» 2021 (17-18.03.2021)
Teaching and Learning Excellence Forum as the annual event within the Higher Education Teaching Excellence Programme this year was organised on 17-18 March 2021. The Forum aims to support the exchange of best practices and professional discussion of teaching and learning excellence in higher education in Ukraine.
Key Forum themes:
- Professional development of higher education teachers
- Transformation of teaching in a new reality: challenges and opportunities
- Student-centred teaching and its peculiarities
- How to build interaction between teachers and students
- The UK and Ukraine experience in improving teaching excellence in higher education.
Over 6000 participants: Rectors, vice-rectors, heads of departments, teachers of higher education institutions, experts who are actively involved in the process of improving the teaching and professional development of university teachers joined the Forum.
Representatives of the HERE team Oleg SHAROV, Director General, Directorate of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, and Svitlana KALASHNIKOVA, Director of the Institute of Higher Education, NAES of Ukraine, participated the Forum and discussions on professional development of HEIS staff; student-oriented teaching and its features; experience of the United Kingdom and Ukraine in improving teaching in HE.