Workshop of Erasmus+ project “New mechanisms of partnership-based governance and standardization of vocational teacher education in Ukraine (PAGOSTE)” (17-18.02.2020, Konstanz, Germany)
On 17-18 of February 2020, the University of Konstanz hosted the first kick-off workshop of the Erasmus+ project “New mechanisms of partnership-based governance and standardization of vocational teacher education in Ukraine (PAGOSTE)”.
The project teams from Ukraine and three EU countries (Germany, Austria, Italy) spent two days intensively working on the project issues. Generally, 36 participants took part in this event.
The aim of the workshop was to discuss the implementation of the first working package “Analysis of governance of vocational teacher education”, as well as issues related to ensuring the quality and sustainability of the project results, developing a plan of communication and dissemination.
During the workshop, the Ukrainian partners presented the peculiarities of the training of VET teachers in Ukraine, the existing problems and challenges, as well as the possible ways of solving them.
During the discussion, the participants were informed about outcomes of the Erasmus+ project “Improving teacher education for applied learning in the field of vocational education (ITE-VET)” (2016 – 2018).
The program included the presentations of VTE governance in the European countries, so the Ukrainian partners received an overall overview of different VTE systems and could estimate the possibilities of their implementation in Ukraine.
Within the workshop, the participants also visited a vocational school centre (Berufsschulzentrum) in Radofzell, which was very important for the project objectives, since the goal of PAGOSTE is to build a network among different stakeholders involved into vocational teacher education (VTE), in particular vocational schools and universities, and, therefore, to improve the governance mechanisms of teacher training for vocational education in Ukraine.
Information about the Project
Erasmus+ project “New mechanisms of partnership-based governance and standardization of vocational teacher education in Ukraine” (PAGOSTE) (2020-2023) 609536-EPP-1-2019-1-DE-EPPKA2-CBHE-SP
Project duration: 15.01.2020 – 14.01.2023
Wider objective is to foster the quality and relevance vocational teacher education in Ukraine by establishing standards with respect to partnership-based governance (PBG) mechanisms between universities, which offer vocational teacher training, and vocational schools.
Specific project objectives are:
• to establish effective mechanisms of partnership between HEIs, which are involved in vocational teacher education, and vocational schools and other stakeholders;
• to employ mechanisms of PBG for in-service vocational teacher training;
• to enable educational institutions involved in vocational teacher education to use standards for PBG.
• University of Konstanz (Germany)
• Vienna University of Economics and Business (Austria)
• Roma Tre University (Italy)
• Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman (Ukraine)
• South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynsky (Ukraine)
• National Transport University (Ukraine)
• Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy (Ukraine)
• Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (Ukraine)
• Institute of Vocational Education and Training of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine (Ukraine)
Contact person: Svitlana Tsymbaliuk, firstname.lastname@example.org