Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) announced the selection results of the 2019 Call for Proposals under European Union ERASMUS+ Programme for Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education Action for cooperation projects. 163 projects have been selected for funding, including 8 projects for 51 universities and other organizations from Ukraine that start their activities from October 2019 or January 2020. Total projects' budget is about 7 150 000 €.
These 8 projects focus on modernisation of educational programmes in security services, cyber-physical systems, occupational therapy, and strengthening relations between higher education area, social and economic environment.
51 partners from Ukraine are representing 38 higher education institutions, 2 research institutions, 4 private enterprises and 2 government organisations, 4 NGOs and the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. 3 relocated universities are also involved in the implementation of new Erasmus+ projects: Donetsk National Technical University, Donetsk State University of Management, Horlivka Institute for Foreign Languages.
Among the project teams, there are the following partners: Institute of Vocational Education and Training of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine, Kirovograd State Agricultural Experiment Station NAAS, Federation of Employers of Ukraine, Scientific and methodological Centre “Agroosvita”, STOV Agrosvit, Public Union "Ukrainian Food Valley", MODRYCHI Rehabilitation Center, Festo Group, NGO "English Teachers' Association "TESOL - Ukraine", Farm enterprise "DOBRO-KRAFT", Yavoriv National Nature Park, and Charitable Foundation "Caritas Sambir-Drohobych Diocese of Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church".
52 partners from 21 countries are among the project teams that represent: 36 partners from 17 Programme Countries: Austria, Belgium, Finland, Cyprus, Estonia, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, the UK; 16 organisations are from 4 Partner Countries: Azerbaijan, Georgia, Belarus, Republic of Moldova.
Winners from Ukraine:
- New mechanisms of partnership-based governance and standardization of vocational teacher education in Ukraine (609536-EPP-1-2019-1-DE-EPPKA2-CBHE-SP): Institute of Vocational Education and Training of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, National Transport University, South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K. D. Ushynsky, Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman, Ukrainian Engineering Pedagogics Academy.
- Development of practically-oriented student-centred education in the field of modelling of Cyber-Physical Systems (609557-EPP-1-2019-1-LV-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP): Chernihiv National University of Technology, Kharkiv National Automobile and Highway University, Kryvyi Rih National University.
- Developing an Occupatioal Therapy study programme in Ukraine (609589-EPP-1-2019-1-BE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP): Drohobych Ivan Franko State Pedagogical University, Khmelnytskyi National University, Prydniprovsk state academy of physical culture and sport, MODRYCHI Rehabilitation Center, Charitable Foundation "Caritas Sambir-Drohobych Diocese of Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church".
- Boosting the role of HEIs in the industrial transformation towards the Industry 4.0 paradigm in Georgia and Ukraine (609939-EPP-1-2019-1-BE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP): Lutsk National Technical University, National metallurgical academy of Ukraine, Odessa I.I.Mechnikov National University, Donetsk National Technical University, Festo Group.
- Enhancing capacity of universities to initiate and to participate in clusters development on innovation and sustainability principles (609944-EPP-1-2019-1-LT-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP): Bila Tserkva National Agrarian University, Central Ukrainian National Technical University, Farm enterprise "DOBRO-KRAFT", Kirovograd State Agricultural Experiment Station NAAS, Lviv National Agrarian University, Poltava State Agrarian Academy, Scientific and methodological Centre “Agroosvita”, STOV Agrosvit, Public Union "Ukrainian Food Valley", Yavoriv National Nature Park.
- Qualifications recognition support for Ukrainian universities (609995-EPP-1-2019-1-PL-EPPKA2-CBHE-SP): Donetsk State University of Management, Federation of Employers of Ukraine, Kherson National Technical University, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, National University "Odessa Maritime Academy", Sumy State University, Ukrainian National Forestry University.
- Academic Response to Hybrid Threats (610133-EPP-1-2019-1-FI-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP): State University of Infrastructure and Technologies, Ukrainian Catholic University, Kharkiv National University of Radio Electronics, Kharkiv Regional Institute of Public Administration, Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, National Academy of Managerial Staff of Culture and Arts, National University of Ostroh Academy, Donbas State Pedagogical University.
- Foreign Language Teacher Training Capacity Development as a Way to Ukraine’s Multilingual Education and European Integration (610427-EPP-1-2019-1-EE-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP): Bohdan Khmelnytsky National University of Cherkasy, Horlivka Institute for Foreign Languages of the State Higher Education Institution «Donbas State Pedagogical University», Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, NGO "English Teachers' Association "TESOL - Ukraine", Poltava V.G. Korolenko National Pedagogical University, Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, Zaporizhzhia National University, Ternopil Volodymyr Hnatiuk National Pedagogical University, V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University , Mykolaiv V.O.Sukhomlynskyi National University.
Background information: Capacity Building in the Field of Higher Education Action projects support the modernisation of higher education. During 2015-2018 four calls for proposals 464 projects were submitted with participation of Ukrainian universities in partnerships and as a result 30 projects were selected for funding with 90 Ukrainian institutions as partners including one university as a grantholder. The grant amounts of over EUR 15 million.
The information on the selection results is available at the portal of the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency: https://eacea.ec.europa.eu/erasmus-plus/selection-results/capacity-building-in-field-higher-education-2019_en
Guidelines, recommendations and other support information for the winners could be found at the EACEA Beneficiaries space at the link.
Database with Erasmus+ Actions project for Ukraine is available at the National Erasmus+ Office – Ukraine at the link.
Our team would like to thank all project teams who worked hard and applied this year however and are not in the list now! You are the champions for us, as we know how much efforts you put into your project proposals! Majority proposals are of high quality and it is only a matter of the funding.
You have got a valuable experience and we encourage you to work with the feedback and contact our team for furhter elaboration of the recommendations.
We wish your ideas will fly for next call!
Now all have the time to relax and after a while start think on more Erasmus+! No changes in the priorities!
We highly recommend to pay attention to the International Credit Mobility Actions (KA.107) as the budget will be 2,5 mln. top up to the Regional budget, contact your partners in Programme Countries and our team for details on how to apply.
Faithfully yours, National Erasmus+ office - Ukraine team!